Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Letting Go

I'm perfectly willing to let go, if there's a goal in sight, I would argue one should, but there's no reason to be nasty, life's too short, there's no reason to be ugly unless ugly is your only intent. Consider the lilies of the field. I agree there is no question what the result, but I do question the means. I can't not. I'm conditioned to question everything. We were talking, earlier, about meaning, how it might be achieved, like a rock pile that might be climbed, which it is, agreed on several points, that it required effort, and a state of mind. How anything was possible. Glenn used the very word that I would have used, ephemeral, this also passes; the Wrack Show dissolves, disappears, it never was, really, that solid. Merely an image on a chalk-board, a sketch, a floor plan, it wasn't anything real. What happens, when we talk, is that things do become real. It's a precious thing, this being able to actually picture things, most people don't, it took me years to realize that, I thought everyone saw everything. Nothing prepared me for the way things were.

No comments: