Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Chess Moves

I had an opening gambit, but I lost it, taking a nap on the sofa. When I woke I didn't know if I was poling a flat-bottomed skiff or leading a parade. That fragmented reality that emerges from a fog. Not unlike that vague state of consciousness that always hovers at the edge of something. I blow it off and make a cup of coffee. Illiterate assholes don't interest me, following Dante's lead, I'd just give them a circle of hell. Still no morels. 80 degrees, March 19, doesn't seem right. I didn't have a fire all weekend, today I turned on a ceiling fan. A very good conversation with Samara last night, guess I'll try and get out to see them. Be nice to drive across the plains in May. Western Iowa would be lovely, then following the South Platte. Some of my favorite driving. On the other hand, I need to take a trip to Florida. Whatever, I have to be here in June, to work through the scheduling fuckups; Florida would be better in May and I could do Denver in July. Which means I have 6-8 weeks to address this vehicle issue. I don't want to address it because I don't want to go into debt, but my cash flow is pretty good right now, so I should probably go for it. I'll spend $800 this year alone, on rentals, otherwise. My truck might be worth $1000, and I've got another $1000, buried in a mason jar, and TR assures me I can borrow $6000 at a very good rate for 2 years. So I can go $8000, or maybe a little more, for a vehicle I can take on the road. It has to be 4WD and get 25 miles to the gallon. Be nice if it had a sun-roof, a CD player that worked, an emergency brake, but I don't care, really, I've done without everything and none of it has left a scar. What you perceived as ligature marks might be something else. Foreplay, or something, tangled up in blue.

No comments: