Thursday, March 29, 2012

Stutter Step

Children of a lesser god. I exclude you from the list of people who need to die immediately. It's not a large list, but it's good to stay off it. Fucking whackers, out here in the country; they kill each other for the right to rip out plumbing fixtures. I'm using more semi-colons as the new decade advances. I don't think it means anything, just an area of interest in the distribution of things generally. I can stay remarkably removed from events by just nodding and turning away. I'm a master of saying something confusing, so that no one remembers what happened, a technique I learned in infancy, that stuck with me, all these years. I'm perhaps too familiar with the lowlifes of the world. Several of my friends are looking at the "three-strike rule" and being very careful about what they do. I only know one pedophile and his friends are conspiring to castrate him. They wanted me to actually perform the act, because I'd castrated so many animals in my long history of castration. Not something I'm proud of, just I did learn to use my teeth when castrating lambs alone. Sounds weird, but it isn't strange at all, when you're actually in the moment you just look at the possibilities. Look at the way plurals are formed. In English. What a mess. First thing I look for are some ground rules, even in a loony bin, where people are speaking in tongues. I always look for order, it's a habit. Despite the fact that I so rarely find it, order, in the sense that we usually define it. Lately, I have to say, I find almost every definition interesting. One thing as good as another. Lacuna. Why was that space there? What does it have to do with the moon? Sara called, we talked about the provenance of a particular painting, but I can't find a single mention of the stop, trip, lay-over, to/in Virginia. I do find several interesting things. Poses. The nudes, in the photographs, Carter was after certain lines, he asked the models for specific poses, one, I found today, is exactly reproduced in a watercolor he painted ten years later, where a leg is lifted just so. I suppose I am a critic, at this point, though I would never admit to the fact, I noticed a certain attention to detail, and it intrigued me. Why was that leg, lifted just so, important? And he was right, correct, it was.

No comments: