Thursday, May 29, 2008

Call Letters

Glenn has put me online, 'ridgeposts.blogspot.com' mostly because I can't add anyone to my list because I'm already virtual spam. We'll probably be expanding things. Of course we will, live free or die. You're assigned a thwart when you're born, from which to row, it's a combination of genetic shit and nurturing, maybe you play the piano, maybe it's soccer. There's a kinesthetic thing that happens, that might not be the word, or maybe I've misspelled the correct word, I know I don't mean kinetics. Whole day has been like that, trying to figure out what meant what. Several of you asked, and I feel delinquent in omitting detail: I use a Geer-Press Floor-Prince wringer and an 8 gallon Rubbermaid bucket on wheels for mopping. The main gallery is three bays, with columns, twenty foot bays, are, what, maybe 50 feet wide, I mop a 8 foot swath, and overlap, it goes without saying, overlap vertically too. You can't overlap too much. Smoking a cig on the sidewalk out the back door, waiting for D this morning, and I'm actually visualizing my mopping pattern. I went and got a jelly donut, from the lady that wears way too much makeup, thought I needed sugar. Wrong guess and it was a mess below the floodwall, we have to collect some pedestal stumps, we have things to display. All of you must see this show, Sara is keeping it open for two slots, stay at my house, I'll feed you dinner. I took a bag of really rancid pastries down for the ducks. I swear, there are times I could shoot a 59. I almost don't understand, then there's that ball lightning or whatever, a celestial event, something takes place, and I get it. What I thought I meant.

Tom

I took 'Mopping' under Grayson and he was the best, understood the chemistry of stains, used Club Soda a lot, and white vinegar, remember him sweeping his mop in that hook he used to sweep edges, a fucking grace note, elegant; I bow to his elegance, but he was a horny bastard. Would fuck the knot in a fence post if it was offered. Where's the point in that? Is everyone fucked up?. I think so. Had pause to think about this today, what was meant. But forgot what I was thinking about. Something.

No comments: