Thursday, May 1, 2008

Operose

There's a couple of minutes of me on Utube, under the title Operose, reading a poem, nice little film. Did something wrong and just sent last night's posting a few minutes ago. I'm not in complete command here. Dear Sara did two great things for me this week, and the Deputy cleaning up after the wine tasting, like this was be kind to the Janitor week. Sara got me a copy of Luca Turin's top notch book on perfumes "Perfumes, The Guide", and said that I should be promoted to Associate Director at the museum. I deferred on the change of title, it's taken too long to become Janitor. Turin must have the greatest nose on the planet, his descriptions are so precise and often outrageous. I love reading him. Barely time to get the 3D pieces set up, pedestals acluster, in the middle of the Richards Gallery, before the Germans arrived, and a large group of kids in the basement schoolroom. Early lunch then get the vinyl signage for the exhibit, then do labels, attach them, light the show, clean up, then remove most of the tables and chairs from the luncheon for a kid's story thing tomorrow. All in. I rescued two box lunches, destined for the trash, so don't have to fix dinner. Got the computer sorted out, my error, of course. I don't know what to tell me. Sorted through most of the trash as I was putting it out today, taking out cans and dumping liquids so the bags wouldn't burst. I put the cans in a clear bag in the alley for the Shopping Cart Guy. Couldn't wait to get home and there's a wreck on Rt. 52, long line of traffic, wished I had a cold beer. Have to stop at the lake and chill out, walk down to the spillway, let the sound of water displace thought. I'd bagged several pounds of sandwich crusts, from the German Luncheon, and had the full attention of a great many ducks; to avoid my ire at those hoggy ducks, the Alpha Ducks, I just spread the crusts quickly along 100 feet of shoreline. Worked perfectly, everyone got some, the Alpha Ducks were fighting over the first ten feet so even the duckly challenged got some crumbs. There are times I'm so far to the left I'm almost right. I don't want to be in the position of even contributing to the duck pecking-order. I only bring this food to the ducks because it was being thrown away, not because I want to become a duck maven, or duck land-lord, or heaven forbid, a Duck God, the benevolent, broadcaster of crusts. My intent is to stay low profile, there's less of a drag, gas prices finally being what they should be. The major problem with my footprint is that it's cleated and I track in dirt. When I remember, I sit on the back stoop and dig out soil with a pocket knife, when I don't remember, I sweep up the next morning. It's all the same, whether there are two or three crows, finding a mess of morels, listening to the water at the spillway, what I want, what I long for, is simply peace. What is said and what is meant. I'm processing as fast as I can, I want to make sense, I really want to be understood, specifically, in the closest detail, I think it's important that we draw a line in the sand, where whatever it is says whatever it says. Check me out, I never would have imagined.

No comments: