Saturday, October 29, 2011

Fun Day

When just Sara, D and I are alone at the museum we have way too much fun. Actually, whenever we're all are working together. We spent several hours outlining the coming events, the logistics, I spent some time in the basement, figuring what goes where, the order in which things need to come out. Odd situation right now, because we're going from two shows that required every pedestal we own, to none. Which means they all need to be stored. Fortunately, we had seen this coming and had created new pedestal storage space, so we're good, as long as we get all of the 'Doll' crates out before we start off-loading peds. I get out one of the large rolls of bubble wrap (five feet high, 36 inches in diameter) because we'll be needing lots of that, make a note to myself to go spend a fortune on tape, because I'm just about out of several different varieties. I use a lot of tape. Ordered two new tires (I've decided to keep the old truck, spend a thousand bucks on it and drive it for another year) for the truck (which requires an odd size): aside: sentences can get strange. I've been reading Emily and the way her language explodes is affecting my thought processes. Convention is a good thing, everyone stopping at stop signs, and all of that, the world you live in, how you handle that. But occasionally you get a real wacko that pushes the wall further out, and they're usually a bit strange. Benjamin talks about this, in his great study of Baudelaire. The 'Bird' show is complete. Sara and D did the lighting today and there's the usual magic. End of the day, one of the 'Doll' artist, Scott, with his wife and girl child, came in to pick up his work, they're staying overnight, out at the lodge, in the State Forest, so their daughter can ride a horse tomorrow. They're very cool people, we spend an hour at the pub, and I really won't just drink with anyone. I'd rather drink alone. Which allows me this space in which there is no compromise. The heart of it. Damn, that I was ancient by the time I finally learned, and by then, cared nothing about the way it played out. I sometimes place a period (provisionally) in brackets, in draft, that will probably become a comma. My proclivity for the longer sentence. Essentially a musical notation. What were we talking about?

No comments: