Thursday, October 6, 2011

Gearing Up

Steamboat show closes Saturday, the doll show comes down the end of the month. New show upstairs is "Birds Of A Feather", bird as motif, fabric art; downstairs is "Wet Paint", a painting show I've been looking forward to. Museum floor will be trashed tomorrow, as the opening of the little high school show is tonight and it's a cupcake, cookie and punch event. I managed to miss it, TR agreed to work. Not much going on for the next few days, so I got back to work on the record book for the permanent collection. The floor in the board room is done. Leo, who is sort of turning into my assistant, did a fine job. He's a fast study and bright, has a kind of hip-hop mopping style. It's not bad, for a kid with no formal training. He's strong and that gives my aging body a break. I might ask him to work for me, clearing brush a day a week for a few weeks; he needs the money, and in my new found (soon to be) cash flow, there's some slop for paying someone else to do something for me. I've rarely asked/paid anyone to do something for me. I've always done it all myself. If you don't know how to do it, you go to the library and get a book. Now you just Google, and there is the information, stacked neatly in your printer; I love it, I use it, it's amazing to me. I can ask the most esoteric questions and I get answers right away. So fucking fast it takes my breathe away. And then you do whatever it is, lay bricks, cater for 500, dig a really long trench. Three things, remember, constitute a list. Two things could be miss-taken. Consider before you commit. You might imagine I'm something I'm not, believe me, I have no control over that. I have only a little contact, but it allows me to examine my interface with the world, where I find myself. Yo, Tom, you awake?

No comments: