Saturday, October 8, 2011

Truck Talk

D knows a lot more than me about vehicles, so we talk, over morning coffee, pros and cons, this and that. He thinks I should buy a 2011 new, under full warranty, now that the 2012 trucks are already appearing. Probably over my head, more likely something a few years old with not too many miles on it and an extended warranty. Join AAA, and buy a pre-paid cell phone for trips. Get comprehensive auto insurance. Leo is on, for the brush-work and heavy lifting. I'll be able to pay off my credit card within A YEAR and have absolutely no debt; figure after that, I could live on the SS and probably save a few bucks toward a pine box. Maybe go ahead and build that, I've never built a coffin, and I could go ahead and have Booby dig the hole. You don't have to be embalmed, so the only expense would be for the medical examiner to come out and agree that I was dead. You put be in the box, lower me into the hole, and shovel on dirt. Realistically, this can be done for $250. There's no reason to pay hard earned money for frills. On a much lighter note, I realized I'd made it through this whole morass, 15 years, more broke than a church mouse, and suddenly I'm looking at new trucks. Goes to show that if you live long enough there's a chance that the great circle will roll, again, in your favor. maybe, this next time. I set subtle traps, to see if anyone knows what they're saying. Seldom any hits. But the ones that are, grant me some slack, I can see the attraction, but I can't see the advantage. One toke over the line. You can bluster all you want, but the bottom line is a simple black dress, no frills, heels you can manage. I can deal with this. it's just another installation. I have to go sleep. Fuck me nine ways from Sunday. I'm leaving something up,in the air. But I can't think of what it is. I'm tired. Nothing is too much. Fuck a bunch of small change. I have to go to bed.

Tom

Everything is relative. Hold that thought.

No comments: