Sunday, July 29, 2012

Another Leak

Nothing if not ready. An artist might use both sides of the paper, a common occurrence, and we choose a particular side, doesn't mean we're correct, just means we've made a choice. Golden and tremulous poplar leaves in a particularly colorful dawn. I think about used vehicles for a while, and what I can afford. Something in which I could take a road-trip, which I would like to do, drive to Denver and see the girls. Samara called, full of the theater in which she is involved, and we talked about cheese, as if that was a common subject for fathers and daughters. In our case it is, because both her mother and I make cheese, it's not difficult, mozzarella, for instance, is easy. I evaporate the whey to a paste I spread on toast. All the sugars are water soluble. B stopped over for a cup of coffee and we talked various subjects, but mostly about having a different set of values. He's off to Mexico, Tuesday, for ten days with old friends. Maybe I'll travel in September. It's a lovely month, and the museum will be almost closed down, for the elevator work, "set out, now, in my raft upon the sea". Something like that. I've looking at the Jeep Liberty from 2003 to 2005 and it seems to be a fine vehicle, good ground clearance, and with decent tires could address the ridge. It has a shorter wheel-base than I'm used to, so it steers differently, but I can learn new tricks. The very idea of not having a truck is shocking, but I need better gas mileage, and I'd rather be more comfortable. At the Goodwill I found a set of CD's, eighteen lectures of an hour each that profess to explain modern physics and string theory. It was two bucks and I was thinking about a road-trip. I might drive for 48 hours, and listen to 18 hours of tape, the rest of the time, I'm just looking out the window.

No comments: