Saturday, July 28, 2012

Up and Down

The power did go out at my house last night, the digital clock was flashing, it had been back on for either 5 or 17 hours, so it would have been a miserable night at home. Right at 100 degrees again today and 86 degrees inside my house when I got home. The AC struggles to satisfy Black Dell. When the theater is not in use, we tend to use the area at the back of the 'house' as temporary storage because it's on the same level as the main gallery, but we had to clean it out for the event tonight, so D and I made eight or ten trips up and down the 24 steps, carrying things. I made at least 10 trips yesterday. Rain again (we need it) but no thunder, so I leave the computer on. I bought some Real Bacon bits at Kroger for the open-face tomato sandwiches, I'm sure they're terrible for me, but they're so goddamned good. I intend to make a pesto tomorrow, and a guacamole, and eat nothing but tomato sandwiches. It's another finger-food and drink event at the museum, so I haul all the trash away and stock the bathrooms, clean the kitchen, mop the main gallery, because I don't want to lose my touch, and vacuum the entry mats at the back and front doors. Just when I'm leaving, the musical group is unloading. TR has this handled, but one of the women is stunning and I consider staying, just so I could see what she smelled like, elect to slip home between storms. Fuck a bunch of smell. I knowingly shoot myself in the foot, because I've learned shooting myself in the foot is the easiest way to slow the action down. Gotta go, the thunder is getting violent. It's 80 degrees in the house.

No comments: