Thursday, June 27, 2013

More Painting

M and C painted all day, again. Paint companies, because of the EPA, have had to change some chemicals in the mixing base, which means the color is different, so they repainted, completely, the Richards and Mehser galleries upstairs. I was able to finish the pedestals, though at the end of the day C and I decided we might need a couple of low, large ones, for a cluster of pedestals, that will make it difficult to touch certain things, so I'll do those tomorrow. We're in good shape to receive the ODC show on Friday. After July 12th I have a month clear, to do some building maintenance, sort out the tool room, and finish editing the book about Janitor College. I need to do the final editing at the museum, because it's on the Mac I use there, I don't trust my system at home, so I'll take a week of vacation, but I'll still be in the building in case something goes wrong. No one else even knows who to call. Gives me a sense of job-security. If they fired me, no one would know how to turn on the lights. Ultimate power is held be the lowly monk who flips the switch. Almost closing time, I was down in the basement, killing lights, and ran into C, who was looking for a board of a particular size; I asked her what she needed it for, and found her the perfect board, because I know where everything is, it's not a great feat, remembering where you'd left the corkscrew. I have to go, big storms, the house is shaking.

No comments: