Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Kafka

Physical fasting can be taken as a parable of spiritual denial. I wonder now if I'm the one that's gone away. Wittgenstein said "It is not something behind the proof, but the proof itself that proves." Aristotle: "Truth is the correspondence of our thought with what is actually the case." Sow it in on the mountain, reap it in the valley. There's a state of rapture, walking in the woods, that has no parallel on any sidewalk. Maybe it's just non-direction, one thing leads to another. Late at night, for me, it's Robert Cray. I can't live without the blues. You come home late for dinner, and the chicken is cold. The truth is your ordinary mind, and an electric guitar. Dig it. I don't want to get to work too early, but I can't stay away. There are things I need to do more important than sleeping. What keeps me rocking.What keeps me keeping on. I'm a blues nut, it drives my internal combustion, there are times it's the only thing. John Lee Hooker is the voice of God. Religion is a crutch. You live and then you die, get used to it. The grave is a fit and final place.

No comments: