Monday, October 12, 2009

No Problem

What does Lennon say, only solutions. A merry-go-round. Sleep on your left side, keep your sword hand free. Not that anyone's after you, but it never hurts to watch your back. That there is anything at all, rather than nothing. Kafka's 'baffled transcendence' or whatever you want to call it. Quis custodiet custodes. I say sweep the corners and mop everything twice, but that's just my training. I like what I'm feeling and I like what I do. Not just anyone could have hung this show, but there is a set of us who could, enough to know I'm in that set. I don't need to be the best, I just need to be good enough. I no longer need to be unique, good enough is fine. Check my EKG, I flat line when it comes to the future, expect nothing and you're seldom disappointed. Nothing is good enough. A last cigaret. Nothing is what it seems. If you want someone to love you, I'm probably your guy. Cowboy Junkies, god they are good, that lead vocalist tears my heart apart. She's way too good. That gruff thing is too much. When a voice destroys you so completely you have to look at the harmonics. Tom Rush. Who else? Bach, the last string quartets, even Miles, there at the end. Leave this broke down palace. Leave this river to rock my soul. Nothing is what it seems.

No comments: