Sunday, April 8, 2012

Another Saturday Night

New person making the Saturday burrito and we had to talk her through it. Then a smoke out back, D catching me up on the thesis trek. Then over to the University to check out the student show which was ok but not great. Then freighted the whole "Visually Literate" show upstairs and unpacked it. Spent several hours arranging that, around on the floor. We had to get that done today, while D was there, despite the fact that I'll have to move almost everything so I can take the photography show down on Monday, and patch and repair and paint. So, two extra days this week. I did the labels yesterday, and have most of them trimmed. D will have to meet me one day after work so we can light the show. Spent most of the afternoon repairing or altering attachment devices, and figuring out how some odd pieces could best be displayed. It's going to be a crunch on getting it all done, but I can stay late if I need to. The high school show might be better than the college show. Fairly subjective judgement, but three of us agreed (TR was at the reception desk), and I think I'll probably buy a piece out of the show. There's a painting of a chicken that I quite like, and a drawing of a tree, both handsome works, but I'll withhold final judgement until they're hung and lit. I have a plan for getting everything done, but it involves a monster Monday and my feet hurt already. Tomorrow's a sofa day. Chicken pot pie and a book on bridges. I'll go out once, to pick a few morels, but I fully intend to spend the day in slippers. Just soup and crackers at lunch, cream of broccoli, and I was hungry going home, wanted to write as soon as I got in the door, so I stopped at the Diary Bar and got a fish sandwich and some jalapeno poppers; I'd eaten everything, by the time I'd gotten home, food all across my shirt. I stopped at the lake, stopped to look at a bush that I couldn't identify, stopped to admire the dappled light cutting across the road. This time of year I'm a terrible driver to be behind. I pull over as often as I can, to let people by, but everyone is in such a hurry that I'm an inconvenience. What did Garcia say? old, and in the way. I actually have charts of where certain wildflowers occur when; and like an Iris, for instance, you can tell, from the color, when you need to add a couple of rusty nails. Fuck a bunch of mystery. Almost everything is clear. For the rest, devil take the hindmost.

No comments: