Monday, April 30, 2012

Familiar

I left something out. Something important, but I can't remember what it was. You'd think I'd remember, after all the repetition, but no. No amount of remembering brings anything to mind. She had nice ankles, I remember that, I wanted to say something about the way she walked, but I lost that thought. Had to make the extra trip to town, to do laundry and look at some vehicles. The truck is on its last legs. The laundromat, for once, was incident free. Stopped back by the museum, to leave a change of clean clothes, went to the pub and had the special, a grilled turkey sandwich and fries, and a pint (rare for me, at lunch, but damn was it good), then drove home the back way, so I could drive through the fords and clean my undercarriage. A sea of blackberry blossoms, and the Trillium is blooming, looking lovely, reminding me, for some reason, of the Lady-Slippers on Martha's Vineyard. I went to Big Lots while the laundry was washing, and stocked up on cans of Mandarin Orange segments, one of my favorite snacks; found some more boxer shorts, two for four dollars. The wall of green is almost complete, Mackletree is become canopied. Going to be a terrible tick year, as the winter kill never happened, two on me today, just walking from the truck to the house. Took a nap when I got home, haven't been sleeping well. Nodded off reading a history of The Army Corp Of Engineers. When I came back around I got an early drink and answered some mail. I'm part of the syllabus at another college. I wonder what those kids think, reading me, droll old bastard, living a radically different life than them. It must sound slightly strange. Some of the aspects sound desirable, but taken as a whole, 99% of the populace would choose to not live this way. And I suspect, when someone first reads me, they don't know what to believe, despite the fact that I'm honest and transparent, mostly. Locked into this way of working, hard-wired, at this point, I remember everything, but leave most of it out, because it's not germane to the argument. By which I mean just that on-going conversation. In this accelerated season, the day-lilies should be next, operating a month ahead of time here, and it's taken for granted I could deal with that, wrap and package and ship a show off in three days, a show that's never been wrapped and packaged before. I probably can, TR's a quick study, and he's enlisted Klaire, to update the condition book. We should be fine, if I can find enough large sheets of cardboard between now and then. Just saying.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The key word is "mostly".