Friday, March 14, 2014

Big Winds

Damned wind is blowing a full gale. The stick trees swaying through thirty degrees of arc, with dead branches falling everywhere. Dangerous woods to be in today, so I holed up and read; some essays (A Sense Of Place) and some John Thorne. I love Thorne's writing, my current favorite writer about food. Try any of his collected essays. I finally turn on the computer, when the wind abates a bit, and look through a few things. I need the new computer and TR for a couple of days. I don't look forward to changing my format. The ten or more years I've been writing this way, completely incorrect in every particular, is the way I work That book, which would be about the process, would be called Mail Waiting To Be Sent, but I'll need to edit that book in a different format. I'm both intimidated and challenged by that prospect. I have to go, it's howling.

No comments: