Sunday, March 16, 2014

Starting Over

It will have taken effort to get there (future pluperfect?). Anthony, after one walk in, said he understood the difficulties more particularly. It's one thing to read about it, but it's quite another to actually hike the driveway when it's covered in snow. Spring wind blew hard all day and TR called, to tell me there was more snow on the way; B came over, in the glooming, to ask after my state of mind. I wrote for several hours, fixed a very nice omelet with cheese (a double cheddar) and some watercress I found in one of the bottoms. Curled up in my down bag and slept for a few hours; got up to pee and start a small fire; a waning moon, almost full, through stick trees. Not a bad place to be. The wind is still a roar, like a train in the distance, but I can hold it at bay, make a piece of toast and have a cup of tea, settle whatever anxiety. What I'm giving up is any control over anything. I'd rather not. TR was correct, clouds cover the moon, and rain changing over to snow.

No comments: