Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Moving On

Charlotte is unhappy with me, and I've worked with too many female bosses to think that can end well. If I stayed we'd end up sparring and I don't feel like sparring anymore. Besides, she's correct, I'm a terrible employee. Not quite as bad as Joel, but a close second; I never told my employer, at the first staff meeting, that they couldn't find their way out of a wet shoe. Joel set the bench mark. I don't even attempt to fail unless the standards are pretty high. Otherwise it's easier to just not say anything. Say your significant other said something about something that was going on in your life, looked them in the eye, first time in weeks, and she said she thought you were getting weak. Just what you want you hear; what you are reduced to is a gridlock. Blackbirds singing in the dead of night.

No comments: